We are speechless. Since our last update two major milestones have occurred.
- We received Article 5! This is the last US Citizenship and Immigration approval needed before we travel to India.
- We received our “No Objection Certificate (NOC)” from the Indian government! Receiving NOC is a massive step and one that our agency literally celebrates in the office when it comes through. Basically it means that India has “no objection” to our match with Ravi and approves us as his future family.
Initially we were told that these two steps could take several months to complete. God completed them in less than one month.
We are blown away at the speed at which we are checking off boxes. As a family, each night we pray for God to complete specific steps in the adoption process. We have been bold to ask God to perform miracles and to shatter the timeline expectations communicated to us by our agency. Yet we are blown away when He actually does it! Why? The Bible tells us over and over again that God’s timing is perfect, that He can move mountains, and that we can wait expectantly for Him to act.
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens. Ecclesiastes 3:1
The mountains melt beneath Him and the valleys split apart, like wax before the fire, like water rushing down a slope. Micah 1:4
This is a lesson that God is teaching me. I shouldn’t be surprised or shocked when He works in miraculous ways or chooses to make us wait. His timing is perfect in the movement and in the waiting.
So, what is the next step? The Indian Courts… and this means we enter another phase of waiting. We are unsure of how long this process could take as there are so many factors determining how long we will have to wait. Our dossier is at Ravi’s orphanage and his current caregivers are pouring through these documents making sure everything is in order to present to the judge. Once the orphanage reviews our files, they will register us for court. Our prayer is that we will be registered by the end of the month and will have a court date sometime in February. Check out the graphic below for a better idea of where we are in this process.
How you can pray:
- There is a chance that the orphanage could request updated information. This will set us back considerably. Pray that our documents will be sufficient as is.
- Pray that our court date would be soon after we are registered.
- Pray for Ravi, that he would continue to get consistent interaction with his caregivers so he can continue developing proper attachment/bonding.
- Pray for continued financial support. God has provided for us financially every step of the way. However, we currently do not have enough money to cover our upcoming travel expenses. If you feel led to support us in this way you can find the details below.
To give via check:
Checks should be payable to “Lifesong for Orphans.” In the memo, note “Griffiths #8456 to assure it goes to our account.
Please mail to Lifesong for Orphans, PO Box 40, Gridley, IL 61744.
Lifesong has been blessed with partners who underwrite all U.S. administrative and fund-raising costs. That means 100% of your donation will go directly to the adoption.
To give online:
This will take you directly to our MyStory page. You can click the “donate now” button and it will give you further directions.